Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Time with Grannie

When I was eight months pregnant with Dax, I stubbed my 4th toe on the end of our kitchen island.  It hurt like no other and I was pretty sure it was broken but I didn't really think much about it since there's not much you can do about a broken toe, right?  Wrong!  8 months later I was still in pain and finally went to the doctor.  My toe was dislocated; the bottom of the two toe bones was sitting about 1/4 inch to the left of its original spot.  The doctor asked me why I didn't come in sooner....um??? I sort of laughed when he asked, who goes to the doc for a stubbed toe? Obviously not me.  But I should have. He told me had I gone in within a month of stubbing it, he could have "popped" it back into place, but now there was too much scar tissue.  The only way to fix it was surgery.

And so, we did.  Ouch!

I had to be completely down for 3 days.  
But lucky for Liv and Dax, Grannie Kitty came from Florida to visit

Park Time

Dax looks extremely happy about this set-up

A visit to Temple Square

And Discovery Gateway

We were able to carve pumpkins while Grannie was here, Liv could not wait

Dax, on the other hand....
"What in the world?"

Leave the pumpkin, I'll take the spoon

Getting the guts



Dax's pumpkin

Liv's pumpkin

Our beauties together

It snowed for the first time of the season while Grannie was here so we took a drive up the canyon.
It was beautiful!






1 comment:

Sarah, Jordan, and Faye said...

you guys do such fun things!