Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Ounce by Ounce, She Is Growing!


First go at rice cereal..."do you have anything with a better texture"?


So Happy!


Will mom ever stop making me wear these!?


Thumb Sucking Begins!




Learning to Sit...with a little assistance


Olivia is getting so big! Its hard to believe that she is five months old (tomorrow). She is at a very fun age where she is learning all sorts of new things. One of my favorites is her laugh, she loves to be played with and giggles the entire time. She is also very curious and looks around constantly. My grandpa calls her "bright eyes" because she always has them wide open trying to find the next thing that will keep her intrigued.

We started rice cereal about two weeks ago and it was hilarious. Most of it ended up on her or me:) It seems like she has a major gag reflex.....or maybe I have passed on my texture issue, whatever the case, she is still not sure if she likes it or not. I put her in the bath after one of the first feedings and all of the sudden she started spitting a bunch of cereal out....she had saved it in the side of her cheek instead of swallowing it! Stinker! And how did you get to be so smart!?

She is definitely a wonderful addition to our family and such a bright spot in our lives. Kirk and I have both been a little stressed lately and we sometimes look at each other and say "let's wake Livvy up", she always eases the stress and brightens the day!

5 comments:

Mandy said...

She is soooo cute!
I love the bows on her head. What a fun stage she is in right now. I love it when they learn to eat.
How is everything else going? Have you sold your house?

Fancy_Glancy said...

Everything is going ok.....we haven't sold our house, she backed out on us! Don't get me started :)

Livvy is a doll as usual and we are having so much fun with her!

We need to see you soon! I have Owen's stuff in my jeep that I have been carting around with me since we moved :) I'm in Florida right now but I will call as soon as I get back!

Tanna said...

Missy,
It's Tanna. I was looking for an email and I saw an email from you with your blog address in it. Beautiful baby, I can't believe she's so big. I love seeing your pictures. I'll check back again. Hope all is going well.

Christy said...

I love the bows! Man, that makes me want a girl! You dress her so cute.
So, I am officially working from home now so I will be spending more time working on my blog. I'll let you know when I get the first post done.

Anonymous said...

I have something to go in her mouth mum, what spurts out of it has a much better texture, mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm yes suck it good it's been awhile since my girls were small I miss their warm, soft mouths