Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Holy Crap, we have a lot of CRAP!

We moved out of our townhouse this past weekend and wow, we have sooooo much CRAP! As people were carrying everything outside, I kept thinking, "The truck is almost full, we should be done any minute!" Don't worry, we rented the biggest truck U-haul has (26 footer) and had to make 2 trips to the storage unit! That does not count the things that are still at the house waiting to be brought to Grandpa's so we can use them over the next 6 months, or the things we brought to Grandpa's a month ago when we started living here officially. Where did it all come from? When we moved into the townhouse it was so empty, it felt so bare and we felt like we had a TON of room. Now it seems as though we were bursting at the seams. I guess my mom's theory of "if you have the space you will fill it" is being realized with Kirk and me. :) As we look for a new house we keep thinking we have to have at least the amount of square footage we had in the townhouse, otherwise, how will we fit? Especially with more kids? If we downsize, will my mom's theory reverse itself and help me to get rid of some of it? (I've already made quite a few trips to the D.I.)

The great question remains, if this stuff is all just "CRAP", why is it that I can't get rid of it?

2 comments:

Mandy said...

Missy, I didn't know you were moving so soon. Maybe I did, but I forgot. I was shocked when I heard that. Did you sell the townhome?
Oh- I hear you on the crap business.Moving really helps you see what you have and especially what you don't need. Moving is so stressful. I hope it went alright.
Keep us posted on the latest!
miss you guys!
Mandy

Fancy_Glancy said...

We sold our townhouse to our next door neighbor, Jean. She is buying it as an investment :) We haven't closed yet....hopefully next week, but we thought we were closing last week so we were all moved out and ready to go. I feel like we have stuff everywhere....but life seems to finally be settling down. Livvy isn't quite sure where she lives, we have been back and forth so many times. Every time I put her in her car seat she looks at me like "Again mom?". :)

We need to hang out again...I still have Owen's shirt and toys. Call us, let's play!