Yep, that's right. I have survived being 30 for a whole month now.
Amazing!
Remember when you were 12 and 30 seemed so old and fogey that you hoped you would never make it there? Now I can see why the magical number to stay at year after year is 29.
Despite the fact that the birthday had to come....it was great.
Since my birthday fell on a Sunday, Kirk planned to take me out to celebrate the Friday before, but as we were getting ready to leave, he sheepishly admitted that the cold and cough he had had for over a week, were bad enough to go to the doctor. So we spent the night at the Instacare instead. We left with a diagnosis of Bronchitis, sinus infection and strep throat! Eh....
Sunday morning as I got up to go get Livvy from her crib, Kirk bounced right up and told me to go back to bed....what a treat! I slept until 9:30! Kirk woke me up with waffles, topped with strawberries and whipped cream....I have been craving these since we moved in with Grandpa and our waffle maker is in the depths of the storage unit. No worries, Kirk bought us a new one on Saturday night! They were so tasty.
Amazing!
Remember when you were 12 and 30 seemed so old and fogey that you hoped you would never make it there? Now I can see why the magical number to stay at year after year is 29.
Despite the fact that the birthday had to come....it was great.
Since my birthday fell on a Sunday, Kirk planned to take me out to celebrate the Friday before, but as we were getting ready to leave, he sheepishly admitted that the cold and cough he had had for over a week, were bad enough to go to the doctor. So we spent the night at the Instacare instead. We left with a diagnosis of Bronchitis, sinus infection and strep throat! Eh....
Sunday morning as I got up to go get Livvy from her crib, Kirk bounced right up and told me to go back to bed....what a treat! I slept until 9:30! Kirk woke me up with waffles, topped with strawberries and whipped cream....I have been craving these since we moved in with Grandpa and our waffle maker is in the depths of the storage unit. No worries, Kirk bought us a new one on Saturday night! They were so tasty.
So Delicious!
After church, (which we missed the first hour of because we forgot about Daylight Savings...duh! this was just after we fell asleep the night before talking about how I was about to be jipped out of one hour of celebrating!) we had a great dinner, cooked by Kirk, opened presents and went for a walkabout around the block. I finished off the night watching "Australia" and scrapbooking. Could it get any better?!
Livvy bringing in my present from her.....and it is......
A food steamer! Yes! I have wanted one of these for awhile!
The next Friday, we were able to celebrate a little more. Kirk took me to Benihana Tokyo for dinner and then we went to see Mall Cop. (The movie was a treat.....I think its been almost a year since Kirk and I have been to a movie together!).
Benihanas..sauted onions, zucchini and chicken. Fabo!
Here's to embracing 30 but feeling 18!
3 comments:
Happy Birthday Missy. It looks like you had a good one. My big 3-0is in a couple months, so I'll let you know how it goes. Are you guys in your house yet? We still need to get together for lunch when you have a chance.
Happy Birthday... sorry I'm a little late!!! What a perfect brithday... waffles and strawberries are my favorite... tell Kirk he can can come to my house next year for my birthday! Ha. I love the pic of Livvy caring your bigger than life present! So cute! How is the house coming along? Any new pics?
Welcome to the 30's club, they say that 30's the new 20 right. Happy birthday.
Post a Comment