Thursday, April 02, 2009

Sweet Grandmama

Grandma-

I am happy that you are finally free of your wordly cares and ailments. You are in Grandpa's arms today after 30 long years and you are able to see your parents and all of your brothers and sisters as you are the last. I know you are enjoying yourself as you deserve to be.

Some of my favorite memories of you are:

*Trying to teach Jaci and me how to sew (sorry I was such a failure at that)
*Homemade bread every week after church
*Playing Hide the Thimble, Button-Button and Colored Eggs on your back porch
*Playing cards for hours, while we laughed and laughed at your "new" rules
*Sleepovers on the pull-out couch
*BINGO on Christmas Eve
*Winie Roasts and S'mores
*FHE on Fast Sundays with toasted cheese sandwhiches, cheetos and the candy bar game.
*Homemade jam
*Going on walks and to lunch with your "older" neighbors as you quietly taught me serve others
*Reading "Hungry Hungry Caterpillar and "Alexander and the No Good Very Bad Day" over and over again (thank-you for indulging me)

*Book Sharing, you always knew the latest and greatest book to read. I attribute my love of reading to you.
*Your honesty (even though you told me I looked great right after I had Livvy; like I hadn't had a baby at all, I thought it was sweet)

*money taped to a bag of M&M's for our birthdays

And many, many more...

Dad and Grandma

Kirk, Livvy, Jerome, Carter and Grandma

4 Generations



Until we meet again Grandma!

I Love You!

2 comments:

Kari said...

What a nice tribute to your grandma. :)

Travis Sadi and Taiya said...

That was a beautiful tribute to your grandma. Our thoughts and prayers are with you guys! How is the progress on the house? And how about some more pictures of little miss livvy??? She is so stinkin' cute I can't get enough!