Sunday, February 15, 2009

House Update

We are coming along...here are a few pics taken with Kirk's phone because I keep forgetting my camera :)

Our bathrooms, the first one is Livvy's and the second one is the Master. Kirk has since finished both of them, grout and all. Don't they look awesome!? My sister Linsey and I cleaned them up yesterday and taped them off so I could start painting tomorrow!

























Our Moldings and trim....almost done. Now for all the nail holes :)






















Our kitchen, now looks more like a kitchen! My brother-in-law, Jerome, came and helped Kirk put in the cabinets. They look awesome! The only thing left is to put up the crown molding on them and of course put the drawers in and doors on.



I spent about 15 hours this week pulling carpet staples out of our wood floor to get it ready to sand and finish. My brother-in-law Russell helped pound the rest of the "staple remainders" down yesterday! Ya....I keep thinking to myself that this dang wood floor better be worth it. Kirk keeps reminding me that we could just cover it with carpet....what!? I finally get REAL wood floor. Are you kidding me!?

I should be able to get the painting started in the bathrooms this week and the rest of the house "cleaned" and ready to paint (Kirk will spray the rest).

We are close.....so close!!!!

Although Kirk informed me a couple of days ago that he probably wouldn't be at the house for the next 2 weeks because he has 5 exams and two projects due. School vs. house? Hmmm.....I know which one should come first but....


Patience is quickly becoming my middle name!



2 comments:

Sarah, Jordan, and Faye said...

that looks so awesome!!!! i love love love those cabinets too (smile) so glad you got that great deal huh! LOL...anyhow looks great you guys and hopefully we'll see you this Christmas !!!! miss you...xoxoxo

Tanna said...

Tell Kirk I am incredibly impressed with the tile and I love your cabinets. I'm so excited for you to move in!