Livvy woke up sick this morning....luckily, we had a doctor's appointment today for her one year check-up and so we were able to knock out two birds with one stone. We spent most of the morning before her appointment on the couch reading books and channel surfing (you know Livvy is sick when she doen's move for hours, usually she is just too busy to snuggle).
While surfing, I came across Suze Orman on "The View". I usually don't like "The View"; I find it annoying because they talk over each other so much, but of course, I had to watch! I love Suze Orman! She is so financial savvy! What she says just makes sense, its almost as if you find yourself saying "duh", I should have known that! And she is so frank and upfront and tells it just how it is, I love that. I always learn something from her!
Today she was talking about the current oil and housing market crisis and different ways that everyone can make it through this tough time. Her biggest piece of advice, and the thing I loved the most, was this: "Stop living like you have money if you don't!" (This is not a direct quote...but you get the gist) She said to stop putting things on credit cards and taking out loans so you can live a life that you can't afford. She said that if there is ever a time to live within your means, this is it! She also said there is only one thing that should go on a credit card because its the only thing you cannot live without: Groceries (Notice she did not say eating out...crap!:))
Great advice....so cut up those credit cards? If it weren't for those dang sky miles.....
No comments:
Post a Comment