Do you ever feel like you just need a good cry and then you can move on? Well, I just finished one, and I feel somewhat better. At least better enough to get up and move on. I think it makes me feel better because while I cry and think about whatever is making those tears flow, it allows me to ponder, problem solve and encourage myself. A little self boost if you know what I mean.
Today, I'm not really sure where the tears are coming from. There is nothing major to cry about, just a little of this and a little of that. Maybe the littleness of this and that are turning into something big...who knows?
But while crying, I was able to have a little chat with myself, it went a little something like this:
"Mis, its all going to be ok. You will soon have your own house and be out of the basement so you can enjoy the sunshine all day and Livvy will have a bigger space to roam. How can you make it go faster? You probably can't, but it will be ok. Just think, the end is in sight...how far away no one knows, but Kirk is putting his all into it, and as a "one man show", he is doing great. Give him some credit. And don't forget to be grateful, you are blessed to have a place to stay!"
Ok, next: "Why is Livvy being so naughty today, and why is my disciplining not working? They say it can take up to 100 tries before they understand....can I make it that long? What can I do different?"
"Who knows! You are new at this, now give yourself some credit. You are giving it your all, at some point, this will have to be enough. There is always room for improvement, but keep plugging away at it....."
Ok, next: "This new budget bites, its going to be so hard for me to stick to....I hate money" :)
Ok, next: "I think I need a big fat chocolate doughnut and a Diet Coke!"
"Oh why, oh why, am I an emotional eater? Resist the urge!"
"Now, get up and enjoy the quiet you have while Livvy is asleep, you just had a good run, a good cry and some scrapbooking seems to be in order. You haven't seen your craft table for a few weeks....find it, use it and enjoy it!
"LOVE YOU!"
So off to the scrapbook table I go! I think I will skip the chocolate doughnut but maybe give in to the Diet Coke. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment