Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Olivia's Feast!

Livvy turned one on Sunday!! I cannot believe how fast the past year has come and gone. We had a little birthday celebration with our family, and Livvy loved all the attention. She did get a little shy when we sang "Happy Birthday" to her, but she loved her cake and went to town once she got the "ok" from mom and dad to dive in.

Opening her gifts in the morning:




Her new pool:


Livvy and her cake

I made two cakes, a flower for Livvy to dig into, and a butterfly for everyone else to eat. Well, as we sat down to decorate them, Kirk and I found out very quickly that its not as easy as it looks. I gave up on frosting the sides of the flower because it was way too crumbly. I thought it looked better just to leave it as it was. I keep telling myself that the cake isn't the only thing that matters on her first birthday, is it?:)

Singing "Happy Birthday"


Digging in



Tuckered out and reading with Grandma


Olivia,

I want you to know how much I love you! You are truly a miracle in my life for many reasons and I hope you always realize how much you mean to both me and your dad. This past year since you joined our family has been unforgettable, and we have enjoyed every minute of it (yes, all the ups AND the downs). I hope that you always continue to smile and laugh because you brighten the day of all those around you. I also hope that you will reach for the stars, and always be able to realize your dreams. You truly can be whatever you want to be! Thank-you for the joy you are in my life and the joy your bring to our family.


I love you,
Mom

P.S. Please don't grow up too fast, I fear for the day when you are "too old" to give me kisses and snuggle.



2 comments:

Tanna said...

She's a doll! They sure do grow up quickly. Your slide show was great!

Sarah, Jordan, and Faye said...

she is so adorable you guys! just want to squeeze her!