Thursday, November 30, 2006

14 Weeks!

We are now 14 weeks and counting :) !!!!

Things are going well and I am beginning to feel better and have more energy. I feel like I could still probably sleep 12 hours at a time some days (I think I could probably do that before!) but it's not as bad as it was. The sickness is off and on, mostly "on" when I eat something in particular. We just add that item to the list of "cannot haves" and try something else.

I have begun to have a real aversion to meat, which is VERY wierd for me. Kirk is a little worried and hopes that it will only last throughout the pregnancy. He likes the fact that I enjoy eating a juicy steak with him or barbequeing all summer. He's a little afraid that this might carry on even after the baby is born :). On Sunday he grilled a tri-tip (which I couldn't even look at) and I suggested that we try grilling me a piece of chicken instead. As soon as he set it in front of me I knew I was going to be sick.....I could not eat it. So....Kirk thought, maybe if he put it back on the grill and burned it to a crisp it might be easier for me to eat (this is how my mom eats her meat since she isn't fond of it either). It helped a little, I was able to down almost half of it.....I tried the little trick I learned in Chile: mix the gross meat in with the mashed potatoes and you hardley know its there :) (I know, mixing food is so unlike me!) Bless his heart, Kirk is trying so hard to help me feel better and get enough nutrients, I know he is at a loss most of the time, but I appreciate his effort. He's great!

Lately we (maybe more me than Kirk) have been dying to know if we are having a boy or a girl. I think we are getting an itch to buy something for the baby! LOL (maybe that's why Kirk has constantly been on Ebay looking/buying maternity clothes!) Some guys at work are trying to talk me into getting the Fetal Fotos done since they can tell a lot sooner....they are so expensive but they might have me convinced...almost. It would be great to hit the Christmas sales! (I know, as if there are no sales any other time of the year!) If not, we for sure have an appointment on January 3rd to do an ultra sound.....I hope we can wait!

Wow! Thanksgiving has come and gone.....it always goes by so quickly! But I still want to mention that this Thanksgiving Kirk and I have so much to be thankful for. In Sunday School, the Sunday before Thanksgiving, they gave us the opportunity to give a short "thank-a mony". Kirk and I were both selected to share and we both expressed our gratitude for all of our many blessings. Especially for the opportunity we have to be parents, our wonderful family and friends and of course, for one another. Once again, thank-you for all of your support! Your prayers and fasting mean a lot to us and also the offers to bring us dinner or help in any other way is very appreciated!

We love you!


Missy

1 comment:

Les said...

Hi Missy! It's Christy and Les. We are so excited to see you and Kirk as parents. Congratulations on all the progress. Keep us up to date on all of the fun developments!