Wednesday, March 10, 2010

My Next Thirty Years

"I think I'll take a moment , celebrate my age
The ending of an era and the turning of a page
Now its time to focus in on where I go from here
Lord have mercy on my next thirty years"
Tim McGraw                                        

I heard this song on the radio tonight on my way to the grocery store.  How fitting since I began my "next thirty years" yesterday.  I officially crossed over into the "thirty somethings" instead of only teetering on the edge. 

As the years pass and you get older, you reflect on what you've done, what you haven't done and what you wish you could do. And so, I reflected in the few short, rare moments of quiet and calm that I had in the car while listening to this song.

In my next thirty years.....

I will LOVE more.  My husband, my kids, my sisters and brothers, my parents and good friends. 

I will be more PATIENT.  Something the Lord keeps trying to teach me.  And something I'm having a hard time grasping.

I will ENJOY the small moments.  Life is made up of them.  If you wait for those experiences that will blow your socks off, life will pass you by and take with it your happiness.

I will SERVE others more, and forget about me.

I will be more FAITHFUL and also FAITH- "FULL"

And so, to my next 30 years, bring it on, I love you already!

2 comments:

Kari said...

Great great post! Thanks for sharing.

Russell*Linsey said...

This song is so fitting! Russell and I heard it in the car while driving to St. George for his 30th birthday- perfect timing!