Kirk is the big 2-9 today!!! Yes, 29! Today is the big day that makes us the same age and ends the teasing about me being an older woman for another 6 months until I indeed become "older" again!
Here are 29 things that I love about the fabulous man that I call husband:
1- He is a wonderful daddy! Livvy adores him. Her face lights up when he gets home.
2-Kirk is good at everything, I haven't found one thing he can't do.
3- Broken? He can fix it! He is so handy! (good thing with a klutz as a wife)
4- Kirk loves his Heavenly Father and stands firm in his testimony of the restored gospel.
5- Kirk has a magnetic personality, he can talk to anyone for any length of time.
6- He is adventerous....even crazy at times.
7- He laughs at my jokes, even when no one else thinks they are funny
8- Kirk is a researching fiend....when he wants more knowledge about something he studies and researches until his thirst is satiated. This includes any subject from wiring a house (his current project) to fly fishing and new technology. A few days after putting an offer down on our new house, Kirk came home with 2 bags full of books, pamphlets and videos from the library on "How To's". We spent many nights watching videos on refinishing floors and tiling bathrooms. This is impressive to me, I get impatient and just want someone to show me how to do it. Kirk is usually that person, since he's researched it already.
9- He loves me no matter what...fat, no makeup, morning breath, cranky, cranky and even more cranky, he loves all of me!
10- Kirk is really easy going, he has helped me to relax a little and enjoy life more.
11- He is a good cook. He makes a mean guacamole and is great at the Bar-B-Que. And even though I am not a fabulous cook, he never complains, he is just grateful to have something to eat.
12- Kirk is very smart with computers and technology, he always likes to have the latest and greatest because the things they can do amaze him
13- He is always good to help others when they are in need.
14- Kirk is very creative, I wish he had more time to take to express it.
15- I appreciate how hard he has worked to be more sensitive, I know growing up in a house full of boys he didn't have to be so much, but he has been when I've needed him to be, he's getting good!
16- He is so competetive (sometimes great and sometimes not), but it pushes him to be better in all things.
17- He loves my family just as much as he loves his. We are truly one big family, not mine or his.
18- He gives wonderful back rubs
19- I love watching him whisper sweet nothings in Livvy's ear when he gets home at night and she is already asleep. I know she knows how much he loves her, because he tells her every night without fail.
20- He loves to gab just as much as me and is easy to talk to.
21- His "Kirkel condition"- classified as diving into a new hobby full force for a good month until he finds a new one!
22- He has good fashion sense...I have never had to "fix" his wardrobe :) and he helps me with mine.
23- He works really hard to provide for our family. I appreciate the ability to stay home with Livvy (for the most part), Kirk knows how important this is to me and tries to make it happen.
24-Kirk is so silly, we laugh a lot together
25- He takes every opportunity he can to teach Livvy something, I love watching her sit in his lap and be enthralled in the latest and greatest lesson. He is a great teacher, he is so patient and encouraging. With him as the teacher, you feel like you can do anything.
26- I love that he shares his testimony every chance he gets. I enjoy his stories of "talks" he has at work with others who are not of our faith, and sometimes are but are struggling to find their way. He is very sympathetic to them, he understands them, and they can feel that from him.
27- Kirk tries to help me get "me time" as much as possible....he knows I need it! Thanks hun!
28- I love Kirk's curiosity. He will ask question after question until he is satisfied. (this goes hand in hand with #8) Sometimes people think he is being nosy or judgemental, but its far from that, he is completely and utterly curious. He wants to know all!
29- He's my best friend
HAPPY BIRTHDAY BABE! I LOVE YOU!
2 comments:
you are so cute missy! i love you
Post a Comment