When I was pregnant I was nervous to be a mom but especially nervous for a few specific things that come with the responsibility. One of those: cleaning up throw-up! I did not think that it would be possible for me to buck up and do this.....DID IT! And quite gracefully, I might add!
Last week (yes, I know I am way behind, but we are barely getting back on track in the Glancy household) all three of us had the stomach flu. Not fun at all.
We started off Monday morning waking up to throw-up. While I was cleaning up the crib and Kirk was cleaning up Livvy (how did that work out?), Kirk yelled my name to take over both and he ran to the bathroom. At first I thought the "job" had made him sick, but no such luck, he spent the next two days in bed with Livvy. I soon followed and spent the 24th (frown) in bed through the rest of the weekend. So sick...arrrggghhh. Luckily, the puking only lasted a day, but we still went through 2-5 outfits a day at the other end :)
On my list of "thankful things" last week, "Spray and Wash" and a washing machine were at the top.
But Yipeee! I did it! Something to be proud of eh?! Can I hope that it will be one of those things that we can experience it, appreciate it, and then hope that it never happens again? :)
3 comments:
Hey guys! I found your blog through Sarah and Jordan!
Sorry about the tummy bug that struck your house. I have been there more times than I care to count. Glad to hear everyone is feeling better and congrats for making it through. You can put another skill on your Mommy resume now :)
Sounds like K-dizzle needs to step it up!
Hey--I found your blog :) How are things?
Mary P. (Old-Pride-stir)
Post a Comment