We had another Ultra Sound this past week.....and its still a girl!!! We were a little worried that something might have dropped since our last one :) We breathed a sigh of relief knowing that we won't have to take back all of the fun things we bought.
This ultra sound was much different than the last one.....it was a little more hurried, not as intimate and I think I was a little more nervous for this one because of what the doctor could find as he checked out her organs and other body parts to make sure she is developing correctly. No worries! All looks well....and we are very grateful! It was neat to see her stomach and her kidneys....I had no idea they could be seen this early. We could also see all four chambers of her heart, both lips (for clef palate) and her brain. Needless to say Kirk and I were both very intrigued. And once again, Kirk was right up next to the monitor, pointing out things and asking questions. He is so cute when it comes to his daughter and he wants to know it all.
I am still feeling wonderful...a little pain but compared to my first 3 and half months, this trimester seems like a breeze :) The baby's bottom is right on top of my pelvic bone and so Im afraid that the pain will continually get worse as she gets bigger unless she decides to move up a bit. The doctor told me to take some aspirin for the pain, but other than that there really isn't anything to do for it. He told me to continue to stay active and walk a lot....umm....is it a problem that the more I am out and about walking, the less I can move at night? He laughed....as if he knows the pain! HaHaHa!
Kirk and I spent the whole day on New Year's Day this year up at Park City shopping for the baby. We took a lot of the Christmas money we received and bought up a storm. We got some great deals! We don't really know what we are doing when it comes to sizes and such but we bought a lot and hope that at some time it will fit (and be in the right season). If you see the baby with a sweater on in the summer....don't ask questions, you will know why :)
I was amazed when we came home, we really had spent all of the money on the baby! We bought a pair of socks for Kirk and some body spray for me! It is funny how your mind frame changes with a child on the way. The great thing is, we had so much fun doing it that we didn't notice we didn't buy anything for ourselves!
We hit our 5 month mark this week! My belly is starting to round out and I think its a little more obvious that I am pregnant instead of just gaining weight:) We love it!!
Missy
***This note is more for me....I don't think anyone else cares about the weight I gain:) But I haven't been keeping track so I am going to do it here:
First appointment: 11 weeks pregnant, gained 7 pounds
Second appointment: 15 weeks pregnant, lost 2 pounds
Third Appointment: 19 weeks pregnant, gained 1.6 pounds
At my last appointment I asked the doctor if I should be gaining more.....don't get me wrong, I feel fat :) and have no complaints about not gaining a ton of weight, except that it might not be healthy for the baby and I just wanted to make sure. The doctor looked at me and grinned and said "That is the great thing about being pregnant, you can eat like a horse and not gain that much" . HaHa! The baby is healthy right now and so he's not worried, I should gain the most in months 6 to 9. So onward we eat!!! One of my favorite past times!
No comments:
Post a Comment