Friday, December 22, 2006

Realization

My posts are getting farther and farther apart......but who am I kidding, I can't claim that I was ever a good journal writer......I am definitely trying to change that!

Things are continuing to progress well with the babe.....I am feeling great! The sickness is gone for the most part and now it is just the normal growing pains and being overly tired; especially when I try to fit as much into one day as I used to :)

Kirk and I are still having fun shopping for baby items, discussing names, and trying to foretell just how much our lives will change. Its fun to think that next year during this time of year that we will have a cute little bundle to add to our holiday cheer. The past couple of weeks, after we do something (go to a party, shopping, dinner etc.) we talk about how the event we just experienced would have been different if the baby were already here. Sometimes we are not sure if we would still be able to do that particular thing with a baby and others we think it will only be that much more fun! It still seems a little unreal!

We had our niece Kennedy over last weekend for a "sleepover" while she is staying with Grandma and Grandpa for 10 days. We took her to Wendy's for dinner, "swam" in the big bathtub and watched movies on the "big TV". We had a great time! But the following morning was definitely an eye opener for me. We had somewhere to be at 9:30 that morning. So we got up in what we thought was plenty of time and started to get ready, but come 9:30 we weren't even close to being able to leave. I had to get another person ready besides myself, we had to "fix" breakfast instead of just grab something to eat on the way out the door, etc. I think Kirk and I realized that we weren't going to make it about the same time. We looked at each other and said "there is no way we are not going to make it". We laughed a little and then reality sank in...haha. Needless to say we didn't make it....and we realize that things will definitely have to change. (this is definitely not a negative change......it will be good for us to have to think more about someone other than just ourselves! :))

I don't know if I mentioned how much I LOVE maternity clothes...but they are great. I thought I would feel silly in them but they are so comfortable I don't see how I can't wear them! :) The past week has switched from the stage of "mmm...my pants are getting a little hard to do up" to the stage of "no matter what I do, these are not going to do up! Nor am I going to be able to breath if by chance a miracle happens and I do get them done up!" Its a fun change, as I grow, it seems more real! This is not just a weight gaining period in my life but we are actually going to have a baby!!!!! Yippeee!

We are looking forward to having a few days off for the holidays. It has been fun to have Kirk home more often now that he is in between semesters. We will celebrate the day when school is no longer an issue in the Glancy household, and cherish the extra time that we will get to spend together as a family.

Merry Christmas!

Missy

No comments: