Friday, April 02, 2010

Livvy Lately

Liv is saying the greatest things lately, she definitely keeps me laughing. 

One night  as I was putting her to bed she said, "Mom, thank-you so much for loving me! That is so nice of you!"


A little while ago, she was using Daxton's toy as a "podium" to give a talk. Kirk and I were both sitting on the couch and she kept saying the same thing over and over again so Kirk suggested that Livvy teach us a lesson. She did not even hesitate and started right into the story of Nephi. There were a few minor detail issues:


"Nephi wanted to build a boat, but his mom said no, he told her he was going to do it anyway, and he did.  Then he put it in the agua, but he couldn't see inside, so he got rocks and used them as lights."

I'm not sure how it continued because by then I was laughing so hard I didn't get to hear the end.  At least I know she is getting a little something from reading the scriptures each night.  We will definitely have to work on the deatils a bit.



One morning while eating her cereal she began to talk really animated (don't even know what she was saying) while waving her spoon. All of the sudden the spoon flew right out of her hand and across the kitchen (go figure). She suddenly stopped and looked at me and said "Oh no, now I can't talk!" She needs to move her hands (and spoons) while talking! Wonder where she gets that from?


A couple of nights ago we were talking about prophets while reading scriptures. As a reminder, I asked her who our current prophet was and she gave me a totally blank stare. So Kirk said, "president".... to give her a hint and she still looked blank, so I helped a little more and said "MON".....her eyes opened really wide and she yelled "MONSTER"..."President Monster!" Hmmm......we'll need to work on that one too!

And the last one....at church one Sunday, our neighbors told Olivia that they just bought a pack-and-play like hers for their new baby and they needed to borrow Daxton to try it out. At first she was really excited and then after she thought about it for a minute she looked at me with a very pouty look on her face and said, "Oh no Mom, we're never going to see Daxton again!" Apparently, she doesn't get the concept of "borrowing". Maybe that's why she doesn't share very well either! :) HA!

Liv, thanks for keeping me our house full of laughter!

2 comments:

Sarah, Jordan, and Faye said...

awwwwwwwwwww Missy what cute stories I LOVE IT! thanks!

Ford Family said...

I love the President Monster story! So cute! :o)