Wednesday, June 04, 2008

Need A Babysitter?

No thanks, have one! His name is Raffi. He is a little older than you would expect a babysitter to be, he sings, plays the guitar, and even pulls a funny every once in awhile. And the most important thing: Livvy loves him!

Kirk began playing Raffi videos off of YouTube a few months ago while holding Livvy in his lap and singing along at the top of his lungs. Believe it or not, Livvy loves every minute of it. She now currently dances along, claps her hands or taps her legs to the beat. Its too cute.

Well, I discovered that since this is the only thing that holds her attention for more than 30 seconds, that I could use it to my advantage and actually get something done while Raffi played (note: this is against everything I swore I would be as a mom...perch your kid in front of a tv/computer so you could accomplish something? NEVER! {Boy, was I naive})

The thing I use it for the most is to shower! Please! I need a shower at least every other day! :) One of the clips is exactly 8 minutes and 19 seconds long. So, poof! put Livvy in her saucer (contain her), turn on the clip and jump in the shower. If I'm fast, I can shower, shave legs, and get dressed in that time. Then, I am ready to turn on the next clip that is five minutes and 5 seconds long in order to put on my makeup and do my hair. (Now you know why I look the way I do.....13 minutes and 24 seconds flat, at least its something:))

A couple of weeks ago I got smart and looked on ebay for an actual video of Raffi! Success! It finally came today....don't worry, there are a few songs on it that Livvy doesn't know because its 45 minutes long and I'm not sure she enjoyed it as much. Hopefully, she will learn to like them as much as the others. Just think, a babysitter for 45 minutes.....oh the things I could do......

No comments: