Monday, June 30, 2008

1/2 way

Halfway through the year, and what have I accomplished? This year has flown by already and there are only 6 months left!


Looking forward to:

Wearing my "skinny" jeans again- almost there! One more size to go!

Finding a new house- found it! We just need to move in it now!

Decorating my new house- mmmm...does gutting the whole house and re-doing it count as decorating?

Playing with Livvy more-I am still so grateful for the opportunity I have to be a stay at home mom! Being with Livvy and watching her grow is such a joy.

Watching Livvy devour her cake on her first birthday- and devour it she did! It was adorable. I cannot believe my little girl is one!

Watching Livvy crawl/walk and learn many other new things-these two milestones are definitely unforgettable ones among all the many things that Livvy has learned to do in the last year. They have also changed our lives in so many ways....watch out house, here Livvy comes! Another fun thing I have loved watching her learn is sign language. This makes things so much easier since she can tell me what she wants. I also love to listen to her chatter, which is non-stop most days, and point to things she wants with a grunt.

Family vacations-we have been on three so far and they have all been a blast: Florida (twice), Little America-Salt Lake, and Moab....two more to go.

Bowling with Kirk- ummmmm....still trying to find time to do this between school, work and the house. Hoping that once the house is done our league can begin?

Prioritizing better-doing much better at this, but not quite there. I try to sit down at the beginning of each week and plan each day. Its helping, but still needs to be refined.

Scrapbooking, Scrapbooking and more Scrapbooking- YES! I am moving mountains in my scrapbook and loving every minute of it!

Visits from the crew in Idaho and Virginia-the Idaho crew have come once, but we would love to see them much, much more.

Winning the Thompson family "Biggest Loser" contest!- I have been in first place for most of the time, but I haven't seen the results in a couple of weeks and very well could have been knocked out of my spot; but so far I have lost 25 of my 28 pound goal! 3 more pounds to go. Yipeee! (and then 10 more :))

Warm, Sunny Days- LOVE SUMMER! Even in Mesquite at 115 degrees!

A tan- after Mesquite and Moab, I finally have somewhat of a tan, I'm hoping that Bearlake can top it off.

More family time- with the house, we have really had to PLAN and make time for our family to be together, but I think its going pretty well. Of course for me, I could always spend more time with Kirk.....soon, real soon!

More Date nights with Kirk- same as above! One of my recent favorite "date" nights with Kirk was watching "24" and eating Taco Bell late at night :)

Being three steps ahead instead of three steps behind (o.k., I would settle for one step ahead :))-I'm afraid this will never change, even though I feel more organized, it always seems I could do things a little better and faster, be more organized and get a little more done.



Cheers to the second half of 2008, may it be as great as it has been thus far!

1 comment:

Kirk Glancy said...

so does bowling on the wii not count? I look foward to the second half of 2008 with u. cheers to the last 6 months.