Friday, February 22, 2008

To-Do List OCD?


I finally succumbed and started reading the "Twilight" series and WOW! they were awesome! I finished the third one a couple of days ago and am currently going through Bella and Edward withdrawal :)
But, my question is this: is it a problem that I read 3, 500+ page books in less than two weeks? Ahhh! I've been thinking a lot about it the last couple of days, because, seriously, where did I find the time? Not only that, but what did I not get done because I was reading?!

My family teases my mom a lot about her reading compulsion because when she starts a book, she disappears, and you do not see her again until she is finished. I think I am beginning to pick up the same habit, but why is that? Why do I feel like I HAVE to finish every book ASAP? Besides the obvious answer of thoroughly enjoying the book and dying to know what happens next, I really think it has something to do with my "To-Do List OCD".

I have at least 2 or 3 "To-Do" Lists going at all times and I LOVE to cross items off. If I did something that was not on one of my lists, I ADD the item to my list so that I can cross it off. OCD, I know :) But it makes me feel a great sense of accomplishment to be able to cross it off and be finished with it. Ironically enough, I have never put "read book" on my to-do list because it has always been something I get to do for relaxation or after all my other "must dos" are done. But in some silly way, I think in my mind, that finishing a book is another thing I can mentally scratch off, get rid of and leave behind in my crazy, whirlwind of a life! Mmmmm...now if I could only scratch off catching up on my scrapbook at the same velocity that I can a book. :)

Now back to reality and the other 100 things that need to be crossed off my lists, not just mentally but physically too!

2 comments:

Tanna said...

Missy,
Um, I did the exact same thing with these books. My excuse was that my kids were sick and I had to just sit and hold them while they watches movies and I read. Can't wait for the next one!
Tanna

Mandy said...

Hey Missy, I made my blog private so if you want, send me your email and I'll add you to our site.
mandycheney@hotmail.com

Did you buy a house by Les and Christy?