As I write the name of this blog entry I'm chuckling as I realize what I entitled it: "Olivia's First Trip" instead of "5th Anniversary"..... which is why we took the trip...a celebration that we made it this far..hehehe. It really goes to show that our lives now revolve around the "little one" that is such a blessing to us!
We took a trip to Mesquite, Nevada a couple of weekends ago to celebrate our anniversary and we had a blast! What a fun, short, drive....and a relaxing weekend. We decided to go to Mesquite because it was close (we weren't sure how Olivia would do) and also because Kirk and I could both participate in our favorite ways to get a little R&R. I bet you can't guess what they are: golfing and sunshine!
Kirk was able to play on "the best golf course he has ever played", and I was able to lay by the pool, read a book and soak in the sun. (A couple of people have asked if Kirk played by himself....for those of you that don't know Kirk very well, he can have a good time playing golf whenever, with whomever, and wherever; even if that means by himself! ) We also spent some time eating at the buffets (another Glancy favorite), reading in the hotel, drinking pina coladas, and shopping at the outlet malls.
We did recieve a few....ok, quite a few stares from those around us as we walked through the hotels and casinos with a baby. You didn't see too many babies or any kids for that matter. We just laughed and thought "we are trying to have a great, wholesome, family vacation"....hehehe. For us, it was. :)
Olivia was a gem....she slept the whole way there and back; and sleeping in a new place in her pack and play didn't even phase her. We were a little worried that the heat would be an issue for her, but we were inside most of the time so it didn't matter much.
I'm posting a pic of her in the pool (or by it).....we took her down to the pool for a total of about 10 minutes. We thought the hat would shade her a bit (too big) and we could sit under a cabana, but they were all taken. It was so bright that she didn't open her eyes the whole time we were out there. Instead, she shut them tight and nuzzled her head into her daddy's chest. So we snapped a few pictures, put her in the pool, and then Kirk took her back to the room. Good thing, on my way back to the room after laying by the pool, the thermometer read 116 degrees. Wow! No wonder I only lasted about 2 hours, I usually have no problem being out all day :)
I'm posting a pic of her in the pool (or by it).....we took her down to the pool for a total of about 10 minutes. We thought the hat would shade her a bit (too big) and we could sit under a cabana, but they were all taken. It was so bright that she didn't open her eyes the whole time we were out there. Instead, she shut them tight and nuzzled her head into her daddy's chest. So we snapped a few pictures, put her in the pool, and then Kirk took her back to the room. Good thing, on my way back to the room after laying by the pool, the thermometer read 116 degrees. Wow! No wonder I only lasted about 2 hours, I usually have no problem being out all day :)
Cheers to 5 years and memories of Olivia's first trip!
Missy
No comments:
Post a Comment