Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Superbowl Sunday...Unforgettable

Superbowl Sunday 2007 will forever be unforgettable.....not for the game that was played (sorry football lovers) but because I was able to feel the baby kick for the first time! We've had to wait a little bit longer than normal to feel her because my placenta is "anterior" or in the front, which means she has to kick through the placenta in order for me to feel it. The doctor said we should expect to feel something at 23 or 24 weeks, about 3-4 weeks later than usual. She waited long enough:) I am now 24 weeks!

The first kick I felt was towards the end of Sacrament meeting on Sunday...people probably thought I was teary-eyed because of the testimonies being born :) but nope! just the first "feelable" movement from my daughter! She kicked me 4 times in a row....it felt like a little heartbeat and then it stopped until later that night. We were so excited! Since then she has been active, active, active, even at night! She doesn't like it when I'm sitting....she seems to be the most active at that time, it makes me wonder if I am squashing her when I sit down :) It is a very neat sensation to feel life move inside you....She has kicked hard enough a few times for Kirk to feel her.....of course he has been prodding at my belly at night when he gets home to make her move. Maybe that's why she doesn't sleep at night, he gets her all riled up.....thanks honey!

I finally got over my cold after a few days in bed. You forget how much a shot of Nyquil or a Sudafed helps when you are under the weather. My eyes passed longingly over both each time I went to the medicine cabinet to take some cough syrup. I will never again take them for granted!

Cleaning is coming nicely.....I almost have everything cleaned out and boxed up. Some nights Kirk hardly recognizes the house when he comes home. And of course, he finds me in bed cause I have done too much :) HaHa! Saturday is the day for the big move of furniture.....wish us luck, we hope it all fits into one room! Oh the sacrifices......not too great when you consider what we are getting! We cannot wait to start decorating!

I went to the doctor on the 31st.....and I gained 5 pounds!! The doctor was happy...and so I guess I am too. I know you would look at me and say "I wonder where she puts it all" (Shallow Hal) hahaha, not true but whatever works. As long as she is healthy and strong.....the more the merrier I guess!

Till next time!
Missy

No comments: