
Maybe all three!!!! At Walmart today, after loading all of my groceries in the Jeep while it was pouring down rain/snow, I shut the door only to realize that I had locked Livvy inside! I am still cringing at the thought of seeing Livvy inside, shaking my keys like crazy and realizing that all of the doors were locked. Duh! Why did I give her the keys to play with again? And why does she like buttons so much!? I sat there crying, trying to get her to start pushing the buttons again, but it was to no avail! I can only imagine how stupid I looked trying to convince a 10 month old to do something from the OUTSIDE of a tinted car window. :)
Luckily some great girl with two little boys let me use her cell phone. (Where was my cell phone? Yep, you guessed it: in the car, with my purse, and Livvy!) But with Kirk at work (with my extra key) and Grandpa not home, my only option was to call the police. Don't worry, they showed up to Walmart with a cop car and a FIRE ENGINE! Talk about embarrassing!! The police officer was really nice, and extra helpful, even though I'm sure inside he was chuckling to himself. He had the door unlocked in about 30 seconds and I was able to rescue Livvy who was almost hysterical at this point.
Note to self: keep keys on body at all times. Keys are not for kids. :)
I'm also thankful today for serviceable people, especially for the helpful cop and the great girl who let me use her phone and stayed with me until the end to make sure Livvy was alright.
1 comment:
Holy Crap!! I'm dying! That is so funny and so tragic!
Post a Comment