Livvy and I just got back from Florida and it is sooo cold here!
When we left for Florida we originally planned on staying about a week, but when that week was up...we weren't ready to comd home yet and so... we ended up staying 2! We were having too much fun to come home! Kirk was able to join us for a weekend but after a week of being by himself, he demanded that we come home :) (not really, but he was REALLY anxious).
In Florida we golfed, shopped, went to the beach and mostly just enjoyed one another's company. The weather was gorgeous, not too hot or muggy, just perfect. Livvy and I went for quite a few walks and enjoyed the sunshine. The whole family could not get enough of Livvy and she rarely wasn't being held! When we got home, she continued to want to be spoiled...she is not aware that there is only one of me :) It was fun to be able to give Kirk's family some time to spend with her....she is one lucky girl with wonderful family on both sides.
One of the greatest things that kept happening while we were there was random people stopping us so they could hold/play/gawk at Livvy. She really was the "star of the show" everywhere we went. It was so random. It happened at least once a day and sometimes 3 or 4 times a day. I'm not sure if its because they don't see as many kids back east or just because she is so adorable :) but you can definitely say I was always a proud mamma, and she, of course, enjoyed the attention. People are so nice there...Southern hospitality maybe, but so unlike here?
Livvy did really well on all 4 plane rides as well. I was a little worried but grateful that Kirk was with me for her very first time on the plane, it made the two on the way back by myself not so nerve racking! :) I was worried about how she would handle the pressure more so than keeping her occupied, but it didn't seem to bother her much. We kept shoving the binki in her mouth so she would suck on it to help pop her ears, but it was tough since she doesn't really like her binki unless she is trying to go to sleep. She kept spitting it out with a disgusted look on her face. :)
It feels good to be home though and back in our own space, but we will definitely be going back the next chance we get!
2 comments:
Yea! I love the blog. I have tried to invite you several times, but you haven't accepted the invitet yet. Tell your hubby that for me would you! I sent it to missyglancey I believe. Email me with a new address if that's not the right one. I'm glad we'll be blogging buddies! Livvy is pretty cute.
Nichole-
I left that comment :) Sorry, I was teasing but my email is missyglancy@gmail.com. I haven't seen an invite yet but I will keep checking! Can't wait :)
Missy
Post a Comment